Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Unisex Slouch Hat pattern



I had searched and searched for a simple slouch hat pattern and found none, so I just played around until I figured it out. I wanted a hat that could be worn by both men and women. So to spare you all the agonizing search, I give you... my slouch hat pattern!

If you don't know how to crochet, you can also order the hat here in my Etsy shop. I will take custom orders on this hat until December 14th.


Unisex Slouch Hat pattern

I hook (shows up funny with this text. It's the letter after H), with worsted weight yarn

*the ch2 at the beginning of each round counts as your first hdc*

Chain (ch) 3

Round 1: Make 7hdc (half double crochet) in the 1st ch, slip stitch (sl st) in the top of the first hdc to join. (8hdcs)
Rnd 2: ch 2, 1 hdc in same stitch as join, 2hdc in each stitch around, sl st to ch2 to join. (16)
Rnd 3: ch 2, 1 hdc in same stitch as join, hdc in next st, *2hdc in next stitch, hdc in next st* (repeat between the * around), sl st in ch 2 to join. (24)
Rnd 4: ch 2, 1 hdc in same stitch as join, hdc in next 2 stitches, *2hdc in next st, hdc in next 2 sts*, sl st in ch2 to join (32)
Rnd 5: ch 2, 1 hdc in same st as join, hdc in next 3 sts, *2hdc in next st, hdc in next 3 sts*, sl st in ch 2 to join (40)
Rnd 6: ch 2, 1 hdc in same st as join, hdc in next 4 sts, *2hdc in next st, hdc in next 4 sts*, sl st in ch2 to join (48)
Rnd 7: ch 2, 1 hdc in same st as join, hdc in next 5 sts, *2hdc in next st, hdc in next 5 sts*, sl st in ch2 to join (56)
Rnd 8: ch 2, 1 hdc in same st as join, hdc in next 6 sts, *2hdc in next st, hdc in next 6 sts*, sl st in ch2 to join (64)
Rnds 9-25: ch 2, hdc in next st and in each st around, sl st in ch2 to join (64)
Rnd 26: ch 1, *sc2tog, sc in next 6 sts*, sl st in first sc to join (56)
Rnd 27: ch 1, *sc2tog, sc in next 5 sts*, sl st in first sc to join (48)
Rnd 28: ch 1, sc in next st and around, sl st in first sc to join (48)
Fasten off and weave in ends.

Voila! There ya have it!



If you enjoyed this pattern and other creations in my shop, please consider donating to my cause. It is on my Christmas wishlist to take certification courses in both knitting and crochet through the Craft Yarn Council that would enable me to teach them at various craft stores. If you would like to help out, you can click on the PayPal Donate button to make a donation. Thank you! :)



1 comment:

I love hearing from you! :)