I had a slight dilemma recently. I had been painting and was washing my brushes with dish soap. Not the best, but it's what I had on hand. I kept having to pick up the bottle of soap with wet and painted-covered hands and turn it over, which meant I kept dropping the bottle of soap. Not a big deal, but when you've been painting as much as I have been lately, it becomes a bit annoying. I knew there had to put an easier way to do this.
I remembered I had a coffee syrup pump that I haven't used in years.
Cut the straw end so it fits in the soap bottle, screw it on, and...
Voila! It works beautifully for washing paintbrushes AND dishes!!! No more giant bottle of soap plopping into a sink full of water and soaking you... unless, of course, you just knock it into the water like I've done.
What do you think? Would this make your life just a little bit easier?
Today is my birthday!!! Don't ask me how old I am, because, honestly, I would have to do the math. I stopped counting a few years ago. I just lost track.
So what does a gal with a broken down car do on her birthday?
- I ordered a bike a few days ago. It should arrive today, so I'll probably put it together.
- I have a baby blanket to work on.
- My boyfriend will probably "make" me play Guild Wars2.
- I'll likely order pizza for dinner. I'm buying since my boyfriend has lost his job.
- I'll be high on pain meds, because my face still hurts from having a tooth removed on Wednesday.
- It's raining, so I won't be riding my new bike today.
- I'm going to try to paint tonight.
- And I'll likely edit more photos for my Etsy shop.
I'm hoping to get a newsletter out later today, so if you haven't already signed up to receive it...
So there has been quite a break in this, because my laptop charging quit working, so I had to wait for the new one to get here... but I'm back!!!!
My 10 today would be...
1. I was able to buy my daughter her first real bike, and she's thrilled!!
2. I sold my third painting in two weeks.
3. I've had time with my bestie.
4. I have a boyfriend who was pretty sweet to me after getting a tooth pulled yesterday.
5. Tomorrow is my birthday. I've made it another year!
6. The OT comes tomorrow to evaluate my daughter. Much needed.
7. Friends who I can talk with & who help when I need them.
8. For pain meds. Having a tooth pulled really hurts.
9. The internet. It makes it easy to keep in touch.
10. Chive & Onion cream cheese. So good.